Hopefully you have found out that Grace Assembly of God is a special
place. God has given us a wonderful family of believers to grow together with and minister to one another. We are excited that you are considering becoming members of Grace. It is a privilege and honor to be part of this great family. Some people wonder why membership in a local church is important. Let us give you a few reasons why it is:
1. Any organ detached from a body will die. We need to be connected with the body of Christ to grow and thrive. (1 Cor 12:12-27)
2. Membership in a local body identifies a person as a genuine believer. (Ephesians 2:19, 12:5)
3. Membership provides a spiritual family to support and encourage one another. (Gal 6:1-2, Heb 10:24-25)
4. Membership places you under the spiritual protection of Godly leaders. (Hebrews 13:7, Acts 20:28-29)
5. Membership gives you a place of accountability you need to grow. (Ephesians 5:21)
6. Commitment is a requirement for any covenant in the Word of God. Formal ceremonies and commitments are found throughout the Word of God. Some would say it is just a piece of paper, but the same argument is used by those who live together outside the bonds of marriage. They are gaining the benefits but not taking responsibility. Membership means you are taking responsibility for your church as well as receiving membership.
7. Your membership gives strength, unity, growth, ministry and direction to our church.
What are the prerequisites for membership at Grace Assembly of God?
1. Salvation – a personal confession of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
2. Water Baptism – a public declaration of your faith in Christ
3. Completion of Growth Track 101, 201, 301 & 401
4. Completion of Membership Class
5. Agreement to the Grace Membership Covenant
As you read through this application you will learn the vision and purpose of our church. You will also read the membership covenant that hundreds have signed and agreed to. If you feel led to join our local body, please click here to fill out the application and submit it. Then plan to attend the next membership class.
A. Genuine Revival – 2 Chron 7:14, Acts 4:31
B. Miracles – Acts 3:8-10
C. Healing and Deliverance – Acts 3:1-6, James 4, Acts 5:12, 16, 32
D. Demonstrated Power of God – 1 Cor 2:4, Acts 2:43, 4:33
E. Repentance and Salvation – Ps 2:8, Acts 2:41, 2:38, 47, 4:4
2. TO BECOME A SOUL-WINNING STATION – Where there is a clear and focused attempt to reconcile men and women to God with whatever means is necessary. This will result from a natural by product of the lives of alive and revived Christians as well as church wide outreach campaigns.
3. TO BECOME A DISCIPLE-MAKING CHURCH – Where there is an intentional and focused attempt to assimilate new believers into the local body, helping them mature and grow up in Christ through on going discipleship, mentoring, small groups, and formal training in the Bible for all members.
4. TO EQUIP EVERY BELIEVER FOR SIGNIFICANT MINISTRY – By helping each believer discover their spiritual gifts and talents that God has given them, equipping them for ministry through training and mentoring. This will result in the efforts of the church being multiplied.
5. TO BECOME A FAMILY TRAINING CENTER – Where men, women, and children learn and assimilate the dynamics of their roll in each family. Men and women are taught and encouraged to become faithful spouses and effective parents, raising responsible children. This will result in stronger family units, strengthening the church, the schools, and the community.
6. TO BECOME A CARING PLACE – Where people who are hurting, depressed, frustrated, confused, and broken can find love, acceptance, help, guidance, growth, forgiveness, hope, and encouragement.
7. TO SERVE THE COMMUNITY – Where we become a blessing to our community, schools, and neighborhoods. Seeking to serve them and become Jesus with “skin on”. Ministering to the poor, needy, and underprivileged as well as providing services to the community within our capacity.
1. I will protect the unity of my church
(a) by acting in love toward other members
(b) by refusing to gossip
(c) by following the leadership
“So let us concentrate on the things which make for harmony, and on the growth of our fellowship together.” -Romans 14:19
“Have a sincere love for other believers, love one another earnestly with all your heart.” -1 Peter 2:22
“Do not let any unwholesome talk come our of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up to their needs.” -Ephesians 4:29
“Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be no advantage to you.” -Hebrews 13:17
2. I will share the responsibility of my church
(a) by praying for its growth
(b) by inviting the unchurched to attend
(c) by warmly welcoming those who visit
“To the church … We always thank God for you and pray for you constantly.” -1 Thessalonians 1:1-2
“The Master said to the servant, ‘go out to the roads and highways, and urge the people to come so my house will be full.” -Luke 14:23
“So warmly welcome each other into the church, just as Christ has warmly welcomed you; then God will be glorified.” -Romans 15:7
3. I will serve the ministry of my church
(a) by discovering my gifts and talents
(b) by being equipped to serve
(c) by developing a servant’s heart
“Serve one another with the gifts God has given each of you.” -1 Peter 4:10
“God gave some to be pastors, and teachers, to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.” -Ephesians 4:11-12
“Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also the interest of others. Your attitude should be the same as Christ Jesus: Who … took on the very nature of a servant.” -Phillipians 2:3-4,7
4. I will support the testimony of my church
(a) by attending faithfully
(b) by living a Godly life
(c) by tithing regularly
“Let us not give up meeting together … but let us encourage one another.” -Hebrews 10:25
“Whatever happens, make sure that your everyday life is worthy of the gospel of Jesus Christ.” -Phillipians 1:27
“Each one of you, on the first day of the week, should set aside a specific sum of money in proportion to what you have earned and use it for the offering.” -1 Corinthians 16:2
“A tenth of all your produce .. is the Lord’s, and is holy.” -Leviticus 27:30